Outer Dimension of closed wooden box 10x8x7  TOPIC_SOLVED

Simplificatation, evaluation, linear equations, linear graphs, linear inequalities, basic word problems, etc.

Outer Dimension of closed wooden box 10x8x7

Postby admin_faisal on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:40 am

The outer dimension of a closed wooden box are 10cm by 8cm by 7cm. Thickness of the wood is 1cm. find the total cost of the wood required to make the box if 1 cubic centimeter of wood costs $ 2.00/-.

kindly send me the solution steps?
admin_faisal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Outer Dimension of closed wooden box 10x8x7

Postby buddy on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:00 am

admin_faisal wrote:The outer dimension of a closed wooden box are 10cm by 8cm by 7cm. Thickness of the wood is 1cm. find the total cost of the wood required to make the box if 1 cubic centimeter of wood costs $ 2.00/-.

i'd do this by doing the sides one and a time, like as if you are building it. maybe do the bottom and top first. say that 10 by 8 is the bottom, so 7 is the height. it doesn't matter how you do it but picking an orientation makes it easier.

so the bottom is 10 by 8 by 1. use the volume formula to find the volume. times by 2 to get the volume for the top and the bottom.

say the front and back sides are 10 by 7. but 1 on each end is already done because of the top and bottom, so you're only really doing 10 by 5. they're 1 thick, so use that to find the volume. times by 2 to get front & back.

then do the sides. don't forget that you already did 1 cm for the top and bottom and 1 cm for the front and back.

plus all the volumes and them times by the cost.
buddy

Postby admin_faisal on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:54 pm

I didn't understand. kindly solve it in a mathematical steps.
admin_faisal

Postby buddy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:18 pm

admin_faisal wrote:I didn't understand. kindly solve it in a mathematical steps.

i gave you the steps. which part dind't you understand?
buddy

Re: Outer Dimension of closed wooden box 10x8x7  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby Greenboyb1 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:13 pm

buddy wrote:
admin_faisal wrote:The outer dimension of a closed wooden box are 10cm by 8cm by 7cm. Thickness of the wood is 1cm. find the total cost of the wood required to make the box if 1 cubic centimeter of wood costs $ 2.00/-.

i'd do this by doing the sides one and a time, like as if you are building it. maybe do the bottom and top first. say that 10 by 8 is the bottom, so 7 is the height. it doesn't matter how you do it but picking an orientation makes it easier.

so the bottom is 10 by 8 by 1. use the volume formula to find the volume. times by 2 to get the volume for the top and the bottom.

say the front and back sides are 10 by 7. but 1 on each end is already done because of the top and bottom, so you're only really doing 10 by 5. they're 1 thick, so use that to find the volume. times by 2 to get front & back.

then do the sides. don't forget that you already did 1 cm for the top and bottom and 1 cm for the front and back.

plus all the volumes and them times by the cost.

:idea: He says....

front and back sides
right and left sides

Hope it helps :) :mrgreen: :thumb: 8-) :wave: :popcorn: :D
Greenboyb1

Return to Beginning Algebra