please help with determining a perimeter around a square

Geometric formulae, word problems, theorems and proofs, etc.

please help with determining a perimeter around a square

Postby edwin@1974 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi
I have a hexagon perimeter I would like to calculate, however I only have the measurements of the square that is inside it. Is there a formula for determining the perimeter of that specific hexagon. A method for determining the perimeter of that hexagon will be greatly appreciated since there are a few different ones that I would like to work out.

If a formula does exist, then are there more formulae to continue to determine the successive poligons that surround that square. If it is possible, the ultimate perimeter I would be looking for would then be the nongan that surrounds all of them.

I have tried to post to images of what Im referring to above. Hopefully they are attached below.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Edwin
[] []
edwin@1974

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: please help with determining a perimeter around a square

Postby theshadow on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm not seeing any pictures. Does this article help?
theshadow

Re: please help with determining a perimeter around a square

Postby edwin@1974 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Thank you for your reply, 55 the link you provided takes me to a site where it looks like I have to buy the answer. I dont seem to be able to upload a picture for some reason. The explanation though I am hoping is enough though to get an answer, if a more detailed explanation is required I will be glad to give it a shot.
edwin@1974

Return to Geometry