differential equation: dy/dx + 6y=4x  TOPIC_SOLVED

Limits, differentiation, related rates, integration, trig integrals, etc.

differential equation: dy/dx + 6y=4x

Postby vincent118 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:18 am

Please help, I've got this math question given today, I don't understand how to work it out

solve the following first order differential equation using analytical and numberical methods, when the initial conditions are x=0 and y=1 and the range is x=0(0.2)1. compare the results obtained by each method.
dy/dx + 6y=4x

Thanks,
Vince
vincent118

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: differential equation: dy/dx + 6y=4x  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby nona.m.nona on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 pm

vincent118 wrote:Please help, I've got this math question given today, I don't understand how to work it out

How many days or weeks of classroom lecture have you missed?

vincent118 wrote:solve the following first order differential equation using analytical and numberical methods, when the initial conditions are x=0 and y=1 and the range is x=0(0.2)1. compare the results obtained by each method.
dy/dx + 6y=4x

For the "analytical" method, I suspect you are expected to use the standard methodology taught in this online lesson. As for the numerical methods, you may be expected to use something along the lines of the method outlined here.

If you are unable to get started after having studied the above, kindly please reply explaining the last topic which was understandable by yourself, noting what length of time has passed since you were last in class, and listing the topics which have been covered in your class during that time. Thank you.
nona.m.nona

Re: differential equation: dy/dx + 6y=4x

Postby vincent118 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks for get back,

Ive done the analyitcal part to the best I can.

Im now on the "Euler" rule for the numberical part,
The problem I have is im at the end of my electrical HND and this Euler rule was dropped on my last week within an hour.
On my course theyve/we've ran out of time and ita just got to be done I guess. Gonna have to look at you links and see if I can understand it, as I didnt understand it at all last week.

Thanks
VINCE
vincent118

Return to Calculus