want to relearn math  TOPIC_SOLVED

Simple patterns, variables, the order of operations, simplification, evaluation, linear equations and graphs, etc.

want to relearn math

Postby searchformeaning on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:15 am

Hi, I am new to this forum. I'm 27 and I have not studied math since I finished high school. I want to prepare myself to join college again. For me, the starting math class at college will be calculus. It would be very difficult to pass without a good understanding of what I should be good at before I start this class :roll: . I'd like to know a kind of a road map and good book/s for self-study that does not concentrate only on formulas and proofs but good understanding of the concepts. Also, It will be great to share ideas and problem solving skills with members who are preparing for college as well.
searchformeaning

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: want to relearn math  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby adunn on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Hello, I just want to encourage you in your search and in your upcoming classes. I too am in the same position as you are, starting college again after being out of high school over 28 years. Math is my problem child, I was looking over some practice test and I realized just how out of touch I really am, so like you I'm seeking support. I really hope you find what you need on this sight, but let me say that you should really be glad you've only been out of high school a few years, hopefully the information isn't too far removed from your memory and will come back easily.
Good luck!
adunn

Re: want to relearn math

Postby searchformeaning on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 am

adunn, it would be nice if you suggested a book you use for self-studying. I found a video tutorial on this website:
http://www.chalkdust.com/
I saw some videos for that teacher, Dana Mosely, he's good but the course is expensive. Take a look at it and tell me what do you think
searchformeaning

Return to Pre-Algebra