Popular Algebraic Formulas or Applications  TOPIC_SOLVED

Quadratic equations and inequalities, variation equations, function notation, systems of equations, etc.

Popular Algebraic Formulas or Applications

Postby RachelMarie on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:33 pm

This is my first time using this website; I have been told great things! Onward to my question:

What are some popular formulas used in everyday life? (i.e.; the distance formula or the simple interest formula) I would use one of those but I have no clue how to tie them into something I do everyday. I also need to provide a solution to the formula/application. Is there anyone who can help me out? I don't expect the work to be done for me, but if I could just get an idea of some popular formulas, that would be great; right now, my mind is blank! Thanks so much.

~Rachel
RachelMarie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Popular Algebraic Formulas or Applications  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby nona.m.nona on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 pm

You might want to consider some of the uses to which you've seen mathematics put, such as mortgages, etc. In addition, you might want to review on-topic articles online, such as: real-life math applications from Google.
nona.m.nona

Re: Popular Algebraic Formulas or Applications

Postby RachelMarie on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Thank you; I realized what I needed to do after I had already posted the question. My mind was literally blank that day due to 4 other tests on the same day! Thank you again for taking the time to respond to me. :wave:
RachelMarie

Return to Intermediate Algebra