Need Help With My Math Project!  TOPIC_SOLVED

Geometric formulae, word problems, theorems and proofs, etc.

Need Help With My Math Project!

Postby xxTony13 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 am

Our teacher had given us a project, this project has something to do with geometry so I posted here. This is the project that our teacher had given to us.

You are a newly hired designer of the packaging department of DSDS Company. You are tasked by your immediate supervisor to create a packaging model from a 15 inches by 20 inches cardboard which will be used for the new powdered milk product. You have to minimize the volume of the design where in the base area of the rectangular model is limited too 200 sq. inches. Your model must be creative and attractive to invite the consumers. Your design will be presented to the senior office of the company for approval. Aside from your design, you have to provide a written report with computation, short explanation and illustration of the model.

I'm already done making the box but I'm having a hard time making a written report because I needed to include the computation to the written report. I didn't know how to make the computation.

The length of the box that I made is 11 inches
The width of the box that I made is 7 inches
The height of the box that I made 2 inches

Can you please teach me how to make the computation for this problem? Please guys, I only needed the computation so I'll have a higher grade in my project.
xxTony13

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:06 pm

You did computations to find your optimal solution. Just report those calculations! :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re:

Postby xxTony13 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:11 am

stapel_eliz wrote:You did computations to find your optimal solution. Just report those calculations! :wink:
I'm very sorry, but what did you mean? LOL, sorry for being too slow to pick-up.
xxTony13

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby maggiemagnet on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:39 pm

stapel_eliz wrote:You did computations to find your optimal solution. Just report those calculations!
xxTony13 wrote:I'm very sorry, but what did you mean? LOL, sorry for being too slow to pick-up.

How did you get your numbers for your answer? Write out how you got those answers, and show your steps.
:clap:
maggiemagnet

Return to Geometry