Integral Volume  TOPIC_SOLVED

Limits, differentiation, related rates, integration, trig integrals, etc.

Integral Volume

Postby paulh428 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:44 am

I have another question: simply, how would approach this question: Integral of [e ^ (x/pi) * sin x] ^ 2, where it is bounded by that same function, [0, pi], and the x-axis where the solid is revolved about the x-axis. Thanks. The integral above is part of the definite integral for a volume so the original equation is y = e ^ (x/pi) * sin x and I have already squared it and put the pi "outside" of the integral.
paulh428

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Integral Volume

Postby Martingale on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 am

paulh428 wrote:I have another question: simply, how would approach this question: Integral of [e ^ (x/pi) * sin x] ^ 2, where it is bounded by that same function, [0, pi], and the x-axis where the solid is revolved about the x-axis. Thanks. The integral above is part of the definite integral for a volume so the original equation is y = e ^ (x/pi) * sin x and I have already squared it and put the pi "outside" of the integral.

it this

what you are trying to compute?
Martingale

Re: Integral Volume

Postby paulh428 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 am

Martingale wrote:
paulh428 wrote:I have another question: simply, how would approach this question: Integral of [e ^ (x/pi) * sin x] ^ 2, where it is bounded by that same function, [0, pi], and the x-axis where the solid is revolved about the x-axis. Thanks. The integral above is part of the definite integral for a volume so the original equation is y = e ^ (x/pi) * sin x and I have already squared it and put the pi "outside" of the integral.

it this

Yes. I'm just trying to compute that integral. I'm not worried about finding the limits of integration for now. Just the integration. Thanks so much for helping out on my problems, Martingale.
paulh428

Re: Integral Volume  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby Martingale on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:11 am

paulh428 wrote:
Martingale wrote:

it this

Yes. I'm just trying to compute that integral. I'm not worried about finding the limits of integration for now. Just the integration. Thanks so much for helping out on my problems, Martingale.

distribute and use integration by parts
Martingale

Return to Calculus