Help with 2 log problems.  TOPIC_SOLVED

Complex numbers, rational functions, logarithms, sequences and series, matrix operations, etc.

Help with 2 log problems.

Postby littlebu on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:28 pm

I am really stuck on these types of problems any suggestions?

Solve for x: log3 x - log3 (x-3) = 6

and especially these types of problems

sketch the function f(x) = -4 e^(-4x)

Thanks in advance for any tips, input, pointers, reading material etc. My text gives no examples like this.
littlebu

Sponsor

Sponsor

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:06 am

littlebu wrote:Solve for x: log3 x - log3 (x-3) = 6

I'm sorry to hear that your book doesn't cover these topics. To learn how to solve log equations like the one above, try this lesson. (If your book didn't cover any of the prerequisite material either, you should probably start with the the definition of logs and log rules.)

littlebu wrote:sketch the function f(x) = -4 e^(-4x)

This is just a graphing exercise. Pick x-values, plug them in, find the corresponding y-values, plot the points, and sketch the graph. :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re:

Postby littlebu on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:18 am

stapel_eliz wrote:
littlebu wrote:Solve for x: log3 x - log3 (x-3) = 6

I'm sorry to hear that your book doesn't cover these topics. To learn how to solve log equations like the one above, try this lesson. (If your book didn't cover any of the prerequisite material either, you should probably start with the the definition of logs and log rules.)

littlebu wrote:sketch the function f(x) = -4 e^(-4x)

This is just a graphing exercise. Pick x-values, plug them in, find the corresponding y-values, plot the points, and sketch the graph. :wink:

Thanks for the links for the first problem. That's what I thought for the second but it just seemed I don't know to easy :oops:
littlebu

Return to Advanced Algebra ("pre-calculus")