not quite understanding this  TOPIC_SOLVED

Simple patterns, variables, the order of operations, simplification, evaluation, linear equations and graphs, etc.

not quite understanding this

Postby teddybear101 on Thu May 06, 2010 11:59 pm

i kind of need help answering a certain question on my math homework. can someone please help me!

here is the question. A teacher determined the median scores ans interquartile ranges of a score for a test she gave to two classes.

In class 1, the median score was 70 points, ans the interquartile range was 15.

In class 2, the median score was 75 points, and the interquartile range was 12 points.

Both classes has the same third quartile scores .

which range incdes only the number that could be 3rd quartile scores for both classes.

i don't understand what i am supposted to do. i also don't under stand what a interquartile ranges is. can any one help me? :confused:
teddybear101

Sponsor

Sponsor

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Fri May 07, 2010 1:47 am

teddybear101 wrote:which range incdes only the number that could be 3rd quartile scores for both classes.

This makes it sound like they gave you a list to choose from. If so, what were the options?

teddybear101 wrote:i don't understand what i am supposted to do. i also don't under stand what a interquartile ranges is. can any one help me?

To learn about box-and-whisker plots, along with quartiles, IQR, etc, try here. :wink:
stapel_eliz

Return to Pre-Algebra