Stuying for the TEAS Test: EqA (K = y/x), enzyme reactions

Topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Stuying for the TEAS Test: EqA (K = y/x), enzyme reactions

Postby JTed27021 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:06 am

I am studying for the TEAS Nursing test on Assesment Technologies Institute. Do you do problems such as: EqA (K =y/x) ? :D Here is an example problem.

80 o
60 o
40 o
20 o
2 4 6 8 10
Product (u moles) Time(minutes)Enzyme Activity as a Function of Time
I wanted to insert my graph from Word but could not the o's are spread diagonially over 2,4,6,and 8 with a straight line through them. The numbers 2-8 are spread out more on the original graft. The 100's column is Moles and the 2-10 number line is Time

In the enzyme-catalyzed reaction where u moles of product are produced over time, the data support:
A. Eq B
B. Both Eq A and Eq B
C. Eq A
D. Neither Eq

The value of the implied constant (k) is:
a. 40
b. 20
c. 1
d. 10

The value of y when x equals 10 is:
A. 90
B. 120
C. 85
D. not able to be interpolated from the standard curve
JTed27021

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:55 pm

JTed27021 wrote: Do you do problems such as: EqA (K =y/x)

Um... I don't know. What is "EqA (K =y/x)"? What do the variables and equation represent, and what are you supposed to do with them? :oops:

JTed27021 wrote:Here is an example problem.

80 o
60 o
40 o
20 o
2 4 6 8 10
Product (u moles) Time(minutes)Enzyme Activity as a Function of Time

Is this meant to be a table or graph of some sort...? (Using the "code" or "pre" tags, as explained in the formatting thread, might help clarify this.) :idea:

JTed27021 wrote:The numbers 2-8 are spread out more on the original graft.

What is meant here by a "graft"? You're studying nursing, so it is understandable that medical terms would crop up. Are grafting or graft-versus-host disease issues coming into play here? If so, how do they relate? :confused:

Kindly please reply with clarification, in accordance with what is explained here, so that we can understand what you are asking. Thank you! :D

Eliz.
stapel_eliz

Re: Stuying for the TEAS Test: EqA (K = y/x), enzyme reactions

Postby DAiv on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:10 am

I derive half the fun of answering some questions from working out what the original question actually was. :wink:

I think there must have been two graphs, entitled "Enzyme Activity as a Function of Time".
Equation A was "k = y/x", and Equation B was something else, perhaps "k = xy".
The vertical y-axis of the graphs showed the amount of "Product" in the units micromoles, and the horizontal x-axis showed the "Time" in minutes.
The graph for Equation A was probably going diagonally up from bottom left to top right, starting at the origin.
Looking at the potential answers to the question and thinking about chemical reactions in general...
The graph for Equation B (if it was "k = xy") was probably a curve, starting high on the left, falling quite sharply and then flattening out nearer the bottom.
k, y and x are just equivalent to m, y and x, in the linear equation y = mx + b.
Lastly, I think 'graft' is a red herring and is just a typo for 'graph'.

But, unless JTed27021 replies, I guess we'll never know for sure.

DAiv
DAiv

Return to Uncategorized