taking accuplacer test after no algebra in over 10 years  TOPIC_SOLVED

Topics that don't fit anywhere else.

taking accuplacer test after no algebra in over 10 years

Postby 1adam12 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Im new here and havent had algebra in over 10 years and when I did have it I bombed it. So Im taking an accuplacer test, dont know what it consists of but I need to know some algebra. Where can I start? Thanx for any help.
1adam12

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 pm

To my knowledge, the Accuplacer test is a placement test. It tests your present knowledge, so the college can intelligently place you in the best course for you to start in. It is meant to be an "accurate placer", hence the name. :wink:

There is no "passing" or "failing" a placement test. The test doesn't "score" you; it measures what you know at the moment. Then the college compares what you know -- where you are mathematically -- with the courses on offer. Your advisor will then let you know the course with which you should begin your studies.

About the only thing you could do "wrong" with a placement test is accidentally guess too many of the multiple-choice questions right, and "place" into a course for which you're utterly unprepared. From experience, I know that the result would not be pretty. :shock:

For a discussion of placement tests, try here.

Have fun! :D

Eliz.
stapel_eliz

Re: taking accuplacer test after no algebra in over 10 years

Postby 1adam12 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:21 am

Well this test is to hopefully get an apprenticeship. The better I do the better my chances of getting a job. I should have posted that earlier :oops: I just need alittle something to get me going.
1adam12

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:38 am

Unfortunately, we have no idea what you know or what you need to know, so there is little we can do. If you're wanting to do a quick study (refresher course) of algebra, you could try working through this list of lessons. But you'd need to speak with someone familiar with the test and the requirements of the job for specifics.

Good luck! :D

Eliz.
stapel_eliz

Return to Uncategorized