The most important rule in planning your lesson is: You can't deliver new or familiar information for an entire period or learning session. If you are presenting unfamiliar material, don't spend more than 60% of the period on content delivery. The other 40% of the period should consist of practice, discussion, activities to review the information, etc. in order to begin processing the material. If you are covering material they've seen before you can spend 70-75% on content,. Remember that not all of Hunter's steps will be implemented every day.The first thing we learned due to recent history is to never trust our leaders. Yes, it's true that many of our leaders go out of their way to reinforce this belief. But, since Richard Nixon was President, we have become a people who only believe the worst of our leaders.