I need help with some questions (algebra 2 reviewing )  TOPIC_SOLVED

Complex numbers, rational functions, logarithms, sequences and series, matrix operations, etc.

I need help with some questions (algebra 2 reviewing )

Postby nghiale2016 on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Given the following equation:

f(X) = -2x^2

The direction said that I support to sketch this function on a grid paper, and then state the domain and range of this function, which I have no clue how to do it, then use the symmetry for the graph to determine if the function is even, odd, or neither ( this part I knew how to do it, but not really sure, my guess is I just need to plug -x into x to see how to equation turned out ) and the last step is to use a graphing calculator to sketch for f(-x) and -f(x), and explain how my answer supports the answer for the last step ( I kind of know how to do this, I think all I need to do is just graph the function I got after plugging -x for x and see if there is any changes ). Can anyone help me with all of these steps. Thank you very much.
nghiale2016

Sponsor

Sponsor

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:38 pm

To learn how to graph, try here. To learn how to find the domain and range, try here. For even versus odd, try here.

To learn how to use your graphing calculator, you'll need to review your owners manual. I don't know what your text or instructor might have in mind for the "comparing" and "explaining" part; check your notes for a worked example. :wink:
stapel_eliz

Return to Advanced Algebra ("pre-calculus")