Physical Science: references on "work", W = Fd, etc.  TOPIC_SOLVED

Complex numbers, rational functions, logarithms, sequences and series, matrix operations, etc.

Physical Science: references on "work", W = Fd, etc.

Postby 4mase on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 pm

As we all know Phsyical science often goes hand in glove with mathematics. So I was wondering if anybody had a reference regarding Work in physical science by work I mean the equation work = force x distance and anything related to that. Thanks :D
4mase

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:07 pm

4mase wrote:As we all know Phsyical science often goes hand in glove with mathematics.

The hard sciences certainly do depend heavily upon mathematics, but they are still separate topics. For information on physics, etc, you might want to try a physics forum or some other related source, if search engines have been unable to provide you with what you're looking for. :idea:

My best wishes to you in your studies! :D
stapel_eliz

Re: Physical Science: references on "work", W = Fd, etc.

Postby gem1110000 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:20 pm

4mase wrote: I mean the equation work = force x distance and anything related to that.

This is just a simple linear function its the same as y=ax and would be solved accordinly. The information to solve the problem must be derived from the question asked. Ex: A basketball is thrown with a force of 30N a distance of 6ft. How much work is done? The answer is simply 30 times 6. Just remember its a linear equation and solve it like you would any other.
gem1110000

Re: Physical Science: references on "work", W = Fd, etc.  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby 4mase on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Ok guys thanks for the help :D

I will try and find a physics forum, and I will remember linear equation like you suggested :D
4mase

Return to Advanced Algebra ("pre-calculus")