Help with Parallel and Perpendicualar lines... please.

Quadratic equations and inequalities, variation equations, function notation, systems of equations, etc.

Help with Parallel and Perpendicualar lines... please.

Postby catsalive6 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm homeschooled, and right now I'm on this unit. The books that I am using don't explain this well enough and the purplemath guide confused me.

Can somebody please work through a problem or help me please?
catsalive6

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 pm

catsalive6 wrote:...The books that I am using don't explain this well enough and the purplemath guide confused me. Can somebody please work through a problem or help me please?

It is to be regretted that all the worked examples in your various books and in the online lesson(s) have left you still confused. But one more example, which would be worked the exact same way -- "the parallel line's slope is the same value" and "the perpendicular line's slope is the flip, with the opposite sign" -- is unlikely to fix whatever is the underlying problem. Sorry! :oops:

Please seriously consider hiring a qualified local tutor and setting aside an hour or two a day for diligent face-to-face sessions, so that whatever gaps in your background (which are preventing you from understanding the current topic) can be filled and you get get caught up to the course's material.

Good luck! :wave:
stapel_eliz

Return to Intermediate Algebra