Going back  TOPIC_SOLVED

Simplificatation, evaluation, linear equations, linear graphs, linear inequalities, basic word problems, etc.

Going back

Postby Ronnie52 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi

I am going back to school after let's say along time. I am 57 and didn't even place for the lowest math algebra assessment. Where would you suggest that I start. Thank you for your help.

Ronnie52
Ronnie52

Sponsor

Sponsor

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Since we can't know what you know, what you need to know, nor what is available in your area, I'm afraid this is not likely a question we can answer.

Please consult with an academic advisor familiar with your situation and the resources on offer at local institutions. For instance, your local university may start with college algebra (advanced algebra plus trigonometry), but a nearby community college or night school could start you off as low as basic arithmetic. But you'll need a local advisor to provide you with this local information.

On the other hand, you might trying calling your local high school or college math or advising department for information on local tutors. Find a "dummies" sort of math book (I find these often to be very helpful, personally) which seems to be about your current level of knowledge (some of it is familiar, but some isn't). Then work with the tutor you hire to study through the book.

Congratulations on going back to school! :clap:
stapel_eliz

Return to Beginning Algebra