I cant do algebra. I need help

Simplificatation, evaluation, linear equations, linear graphs, linear inequalities, basic word problems, etc.

I cant do algebra. I need help

Postby HorseRidinRebel on Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 pm

ok here are some of my problems. I dont understand how to add numbers with letters. or multiply them with eachother.
and i need some very major help.
Problems
8P + 2 > 3P - 15
2 (P + 1) > 7 + P
2 (z+1) - 4(z - 4) <2 (z + 5)
(-6) + 2 (-4) - 3 (6)

I dont understand algebra in the least. :confused: please if you can help me, i would very much appreciate it. :)
HorseRidinRebel

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: I cant do algebra. I need help

Postby Martingale on Tue May 26, 2009 11:32 pm

HorseRidinRebel wrote:ok here are some of my problems. I dont understand how to add numbers with letters. or multiply them with eachother.
and i need some very major help.
Problems
8P + 2 > 3P - 15
2 (P + 1) > 7 + P
2 (z+1) - 4(z - 4) <2 (z + 5)
(-6) + 2 (-4) - 3 (6)

I dont understand algebra in the least. :confused: please if you can help me, i would very much appreciate it. :)

Solving Inequalities: An Overview
Martingale

Postby stapel_eliz on Wed May 27, 2009 1:17 am

HorseRidinRebel wrote:ok here are some of my problems. I dont understand how to add numbers with letters. or multiply them with eachother....

If you really don't know how to work with variables, etc, then an explanation of how to solve the linear inequalities you've posted won't make much sense, I'm afraid. You first need to learn the background information.

Since we cannot provide the necessary hours of classroom instruction, please study some online lessons. At a minimum, you should learn about negative numbers, absolute value, factoring numbers, variables, exponents, the order of operations, evaluation, and basic polynomials. Then study how to solve linear equations. At that point, you'll be ready to study linear inequalities.

Please allow yourself a week or two, at a minimum, for studying these topics!
stapel_eliz

Return to Beginning Algebra