How else can you describe the two lines in this inconsistent  TOPIC_SOLVED

Simplificatation, evaluation, linear equations, linear graphs, linear inequalities, basic word problems, etc.

How else can you describe the two lines in this inconsistent

Postby phansen05 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 pm

How else can you describe the two lines in this inconsistent system? Please help!!
phansen05

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:30 pm

phansen05 wrote:How else can you describe the two lines in this inconsistent system? Please help!!

"How else" can we describe the two (unknown to us) lines? We don't know how the lines have been described! :shock:

Please reply with the missing information, and provide your thoughts and reasoning so far. Thank you! :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re: How else can you describe the two lines in this inconsis

Postby phansen05 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 pm

The consistent system is a system that has at least one solution. The inconsistent system is a system that has no solution.
I thought the inconsistent is it would be the same slope as the intercept would be one possible equation. But that is not correct. Please let me know if that is correct, trying to understand this!!
phansen05

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:46 pm

phansen05 wrote:I thought the inconsistent is it would be the same slope as the intercept would be one possible equation. But that is not correct. Please let me know if that is correct, trying to understand this!!

You are correct that your answer is incorrect.

To learn about systems of equations, their types of solutions, and how these relate to graphing, please try this lesson. :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re: How else can you describe the two lines in this inconsis

Postby phansen05 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:19 am

Thanks, I will check that site :)
phansen05

Return to Beginning Algebra