Finding The Equation of Slope and Other  TOPIC_SOLVED

Simplificatation, evaluation, linear equations, linear graphs, linear inequalities, basic word problems, etc.

Finding The Equation of Slope and Other  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby xxcelloxx on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 am

Hi :wave: I need help with slope.My math teacher gave us a graph with the x-intercept and y-intercept already graphed. I just need to find out how to get the equation for the slope. I got the formula (I think). It's y=mx+b, right? Well, if it is, what do the variables represent?
    An example problem is like this.
    x-intercept=_____________
    Y-intercept=_____________
    Slope=__________________
    Equation=_______________

For one of my problems the x-intercept was -3 and the y-intercept was -2. I think the slope is 2/3, but I don't know the equation.
    Thanks if you know how to explain this to me.
    Uh, please tell me if I don't make sense at all.
xxcelloxx

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:41 am

To learn how to find the slope from two points, try here. Yes, you'll want to memorize the formula given in the lesson!

To learn how to find the line equation, given a point and a slope or else two points, try here. If your instructor or your homework assignment has required you to "find the line equation by [a specific method]", then make sure you memorize the formula for that method, because you'll almost certainly be expected to show the specific method(s) on the next test. :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re: Finding The Equation of Slope and Other

Postby xxcelloxx on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 pm

THANKS! :D
xxcelloxx

Return to Beginning Algebra