my self confidence  TOPIC_SOLVED

Topics that don't fit anywhere else.

my self confidence

Postby wizzy on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:33 pm

hi all..
I'm having a trouble with my self confidence. my last math exam was terrible :confused:
i studied hard for it and i knew if i did the exam i will get 80's or something.
but what happened is that i got 40..... !! I've been always scared of math each time i work on it.
what shall i do to take away the fear !!

I'm very bad in solving my own problems :?: :?: :?: :?:
wizzy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Without knowing the specifics of the test and on what topics you made what sort of errors, it is difficult to advise. In general, however, it can be helpful to practice. If the book has a chapter test or review section, sit down and take the "test". If your instructor can provide you with copies of old tests, use those. Give yourself some time to practice the material in some manner other than section-by-section (because then you know what method or topic applies), and the familiarity can help when you get to the "real" test.

For general testing information, you might try this site. Scroll about halfway down the page, and look for "Preparing for Tests" and "Taking Tests". The guy who runs this site usually finds good resources, so you could find something very helpful for you.

Good luck! :D
stapel_eliz

Re: my self confidence  TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby wizzy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 am

stapel_, thank you so much for replying, that means lots for me :)
i will take your words seriously and start all this :wink:
wizzy

Re: my self confidence

Postby lautjuh26 on Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 pm

my self confidence for maths has always been terrible, but i think it has something to do with the fact that i never really mastered the basics and didn't practice a lot because i always thought the subject was so difficult. This website however has such a good, clear way of explaining the steps for different algebraic methods that i am amazed i never got it before! Thanks a million Purplemath, I've never found a website so useful for studying algebra and my confidence has soared now that i notice I am actually starting to solve equations correctly :-) it's even sort of fun now!
lautjuh26

Re: my self confidence

Postby teddybear101 on Thu May 06, 2010 8:40 pm

lautjuh26 wrote:my self confidence for maths has always been terrible, but i think it has something to do with the fact that i never really mastered the basics and didn't practice a lot because i always thought the subject was so difficult. This website however has such a good, clear way of explaining the steps for different algebraic methods that i am amazed i never got it before! Thanks a million Purplemath, I've never found a website so useful for studying algebra and my confidence has soared now that i notice I am actually starting to solve equations correctly :-) it's even sort of fun now!

hey just wanted to make a comment about this subject. i totally agree with loving this site. thanks :clap:
teddybear101

Return to Uncategorized