College Math Assessment Test  TOPIC_SOLVED

Topics that don't fit anywhere else.

College Math Assessment Test

Postby Dak on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm fairly new to Purplemath. I'm hoping somebody here can help me to understand and solve most of the problems on my college math assessment test, which I'll be taking soon. I'd appreciate it if somebody could review the sample test and direct me towards online lessons which would teach the material well, or if somebody could help me one on one. Any help would be appreciated.
Here is the link for the assessment:

http://www.dvc.edu/org/departments/assessment-center/College%20Level%20Math%20Sample%20Questions%20-%20Updated.pdf

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)
Dak

Sponsor

Sponsor

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Dak wrote:I'd appreciate it if somebody could review the sample test and direct me towards online lessons which would teach the material well, or if somebody could help me one on one.

The item at the link is a very short sample of the sorts of questions which might be on the test. Of greater importance is the listing of topic areas, which go from pre-algebra up through trigonometry.

To learn these topics, you would be best served by enrolling in an appropriate sequence of courses at your local college or university. To learn how to approach placement tests, please try this article.

Thank you! :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re: College Math Assessment Test

Postby Dak on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Thank you for the reply. The reason I'm taking this assessment isn't to place me into a math course, it's to place me into an economics course. I understand that I need a solid foundation in math, so I signed up for a math class appropriate for me. The college I'm going to does not allow someone to be able to register for a macro or micro economics course unless they score high enough on the assessment, or have already went through a math class which is slightly higher than the one I'm enrolled in now. I discussed math with one of the professors and we determined that I'm very capable of doing the math in that course. Thank you for commenting, and again, any help will be appreciated.
Dak

Return to Uncategorized