Simplify boolean expression

Sequences, counting (including probability), logic and truth tables, algorithms, number theory, set theory, etc.

Simplify boolean expression

Postby Math001 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 am

Hi

I try to simplify this expression but I am stuck. Who can help me ?

(b'+a)*(a'+c'+(b+d))*(a'+d'*c+b)

Math001

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:32 pm

Math001 wrote:I try to simplify this expression but I am stuck. Who can help me ?

(b'+a)*(a'+c'+(b+d))*(a'+d'*c+b)

Just to be certain: Are you using operator symbols as outlined in (this image), so that "+" means "or", an asterisk means "and", and an apostrophe means "not"?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of what you have tried so far. (You may be almost there!) Thank you! :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re: Simplify boolean expression

Postby Math001 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Yes I am using these symbols. I tried so far as what I already have posted. Now I really stuck with this.
Math001

Postby stapel_eliz on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Math001 wrote:Yes I am using these symbols. I tried so far as what I already have posted. Now I really stuck with this.

I'm sorry, but only the original expression is displaying; what you "already have posted" regarding what you "tried so far" is not showing up. Please reply with that information. Also, if there is some "correct answer" form that you're trying to reach, please also provide that information. (Maybe the answer key has a typo, and your work leads to the really right answer!)

Thank you. :wink:
stapel_eliz

Return to Discrete Math