Inverse Functions  TOPIC_SOLVED

Limits, differentiation, related rates, integration, trig integrals, etc.

Inverse Functions

Postby stephanie.20 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:54 pm

I am just beginning a college Calculus class but doing my homework is not so easy. I still do not understand the meaning of an inverse function and what it is needed for.

I have a problem that is asking me to "Explain how to use sin^-1(x) to find all solutions of the equation sin(u)=x. It does not seem like a hard problem, but I do not know enough about inverse functions to even answer this question.

I do not need the answer from someone, but is there anyone that can at least guide me through to help me better understand how to find the answer.

Thank you!
stephanie.20

Sponsor

Sponsor

TOPIC_SOLVED

Postby stapel_eliz on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:58 pm

stephanie.20 wrote:I have a problem that is asking me to "Explain how to use sin^-1(x) to find all solutions of the equation sin(u)=x. It does not seem like a hard problem, but I do not know enough about inverse functions to even answer this question.

Ouch! They were supposed to have taught you about inverse functions in algebra and about inverse trig functions in trigonometry! :shock:

You can study inverse functions here and about inverse-trig functions here. Good luck! :wink:
stapel_eliz

Return to Calculus