Could you please help me in solving trignometric equations .

Trigonometric ratios and functions, the unit circle, inverse trig functions, identities, trig graphs, etc.

Could you please help me in solving trignometric equations .

Postby huriah on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:53 pm

HI,
I am preparing for CAT (Cunny assessment test).I am doing trigonometry and I have problem in solving trigonometric equation. I have studied reference angle, but I did not understand how to use the reference angles in solving trigonometric equations. It is very simple but I think I am missing something. I have been out of college for ten years. Could u please help me in solving the following trigonometric equation so that I can do rest of equations on my own. Thanks.
sin (x) + 2 = 3 for 0 degree <= x <= 30 degree.
sin x = 1
x = 90.
Could you please explain me how x= 90 by using reference angle.
huriah

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stapel_eliz on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:49 pm

huriah wrote:I have studied reference angle, but I did not understand how to use the reference angles in solving trigonometric equations....

sin x = 1
x = 90.
Could you please explain me how x= 90 by using reference angle.

When you learned about reference angles (being 0, 30, 45, 60, and 90) and memorized the table of values, what value did you memorize for the sine of 90 degrees?

Given "sin(x) = 1", to what reference angle "x" does correspond?

Plug that value in for "x". :wink:
stapel_eliz

Re: Could you please help me in solving trignometric equatio

Postby huriah on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 am

Thanks for your reply, Aactually the first table , I remembered , was not complete .As a result, I was unable to find the value of x.
Now I found the complete table.I figured it out.
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Huriah.
huriah

Return to Trigonometry