I have to complete this HW assignment for my class on monday 5/16/11, and i am completely stumped. Can anyone please help me complete this and help me to understand this stuff. i answered some of the questions that i sorta understand.
1. A tree casts a shadow 50 yards long when the angle of the sun (measured from the horizon) is 30 degrees. How tall is the tree in yards? =28.86
2. A triangle ABC has angle A = 104 o, angle C = 33 o and side c = 9 m. Solve the triangle ABC by finding angle B and sides a and b.(round answers to 1 decimal place).
3. Given A = 42°, B = 75° and c = 22 cm. Find the remaining angle and sides.
4. Given a = 22, b =12 and A = 40°. Find the other angles and side.
5. In , side b = 12, side c = 20 and m<A = 45º. Find side a to the nearest integer.
6. In triangle DEF, side e = 8 cm, f = 10 cm, and the angle at D is 60°. Find side d.
7. Find the magnitude, and unit vector of v=(-3,4)
8. With u=(2,1) and v=(-2,-3) find:
c. ||v||= sqrt(13)
9. (3 - 5i) + (6 + 7i)=
10. (2 + 3i)(4 + 7i)=
11. Perform the following operations.
(a) (-3 + 4i) + (2 - 5i). =1-1i
(b) 3i - (2 - 4i).
(c) (2 - 7i)(3 + 4i).
(d) (1 + i)(2 - 3i).
12. Divide :
a. (2 + 6i) / (4 + i)
b. (1 - 2i) / (2 - i)
c. (3 + 6i) / (11 - i)
d. (8 - i) / (2 - i)
13. Find the vertex, focus, directrix of the following parabolas:
a. x2 = -4y
b. x2 +8x-y+6=0
Given the following equation
14. Find the center, vertices and foci of each ellipse:
a. 9x2 + 4y2 = 36 =center=0, vertices=x=-2,0 and 2,0 y=3,0 -3,0
b. 3x2 + 4y2 = 12
c. 4x2 + y2 -24x-8y+48= 0
d. x2 + 9y2 +6x-36y+36=0
15. Find the center, vertices, foci, and asymptotes of the following hyperbolas:
16. Solve each equation:
a. log5 =x =0
b. lne x =x = 2.718
17. Change each logarithmic equation to exponential form:
a. log5 64 =3
b. log1/2 8 =-3
a. log2 x + log2 6
b. logb 9-x
c. loga x - 5loga y
d. 3x = 8
a. log3 (5x + 7)
b. log25+log26=log2 (6x)
c. log6 4x – log6 (7x+1)=0